Despite the numerous ways to fight cybercriminals, scammers are able to do a lot and are constantly improving their skills, quickly adapting to the “new working environment”.
The most common way to steal user data is PHISHING. Surely many have already encountered it, someone saw it, but passed by, not even realizing what it is and why it is so dangerous.
The websites of financial companies often attract the attention of cybercriminals. They create a copy of the original site or a copy of a mobile application, offering users attractive on deposits. The task of the copied site is to convince the user to use the services of the company and place a deposit, investment. After that, the client cannot return the money, not to mention the promised interest.
What is PHISHING
Criminals fraudulently convince the user to transfer their confidential data - login, password, bank card details, etc. Most often, they introduce themselves as representatives of organizations that you trust.
How it works
- You receive an email or a sms message. The main task of such a message is to force you to follow the specified link under any pretext. After clicking on the link, most often you go to a copy of the fast payments site, enter your data and this information falls into the hands of cybercriminals. Having gained access to such data, they will immediately use it, transferring your money to their accounts.
- Fraudsters create a copy of the donor site and advertise it on the search network. When going to such a site from the search network, the user does not immediately understand that this is not the original site and enters his account by entering a username and password. In this case, scammers receive your data and use it to enter the original site and gain access to all your data! So you voluntarily transfer all your data to criminals and they steal money from your accounts!
What to do
- First of all, pay attention to the correct name of the site that you are going to visit. Check every letter. Often the name of a malicious site will differ by one single letter. More importantly, it will be as similar to the original site as possible!
For example, in the original is “zion”, but on its copy it is “zIon”. The difference will not be noticeable right away.
- Try to avoid attachments in received messages and emails. Most often, malware is hidden in ZIP and RAR archives. They are much less common in document macros. Do not forget to scan such documents with antivirus software before opening.
- Use up-to-date software, especially your operating system. Developers monitor security issues, vulnerabilities and fix them. Only the latest OS versions can guarantee you the updated security settings.
- If it is possible to use two-factor authentication in web services, take your time to use it.
- Although anti-virus software will not protect you from phishing, the likelihood of installing a virus program from a dangerous attachment will be minimal.
Recently, scammers have often used copied sites of financial companies.
They copy the design of the site and application, use a site name as similar as possible to the original site. They introduce themselves as representatives of a company in a specific country / region. But the main difference will be the tempting, promising deposit interest rates that will be difficult to pass up.
In order to not regret your actions in the future, study the site well before making any financial transactions.
- Check your SSL certificate. Is there a letter “s” after http? If the site begins with "http: //" - this is a reason to doubt the originality of the page.
- Check your domain name. It should not contain typos, errors, unnecessary punctuation marks, letters should not be replaced with similar symbols.
- Look at the domain registration date. It will take you a couple of minutes. If the domain was registered recently, you should not trust such a site.
- Check the content of the site, pay attention to poor layout, pictures with poor resolution, grammatical errors, a large number of advertisements. These are signs of a low-quality site, made in a short time and not related to the original.
- Check company documents, user agreement, personal data processing policy.
- Contacts. Go through all the available contacts. Call, email, chat in messengers and social networks with company representatives. There should be a corporate identity, quick response, quality advice.
- And finally, the most important thing is to study reviews about the company on third-party resources. Pay attention to the date the company was founded and the date the first reviews were posted.
More often than not, criminals play on emotions. Fear, risk, greed, joy. Do not hurry. Study the information carefully.
Please pay attention
Our only official website is:zion-finance.com
We don't have any other sites. Please do not believe any false recommendations on our behalf and carefully check the address of our website in the browser bar.
We do not have group chats on social networks or messengers.
We do not have any other applications other than those presented on this site.
Our official channels in social networks are:
Our official applications are: